VACANCY | Community Coach (Sessional)
Job Title: Community Coach (Sessional)
Territory Area: Fylde
Direct Reports: Community Development Manager
Hours: Daytime, evenings and weekend work available.
Salary: £10 an hour.
Length of Contract: Part Time
Location: Various locations across Fylde.
AFC Fylde Community Foundation are recruiting Community Coaches to join our team to lead and assist in the delivery of its community development projects across the Fylde borough.
Hours will be based around daytime, evening sessions and weekends and successful candidates will need to be able to travel to different venues.
Guidance and Authority:
The Community Coach will report directly to the Community Development Manager.
· Lead and assist in the delivery of activity camps, soccer schools and other summer provision delivered by the Foundation.
· Lead and assist in the delivery of evening football and sport sessions as part of the community development projects delivered by the Foundation.
· Collect the required monitoring information ensuring it is handed in to the Community Development Manager in a timely manner.
· Ensure all activities are correctly monitored with the appropriate risk assessments, safeguarding and health and safety procedures put in place.
· Be a positive role model and engage young people in constructive activities.
Health and Safety:
· Fully endorse, demonstrate, and carry out the Foundation’s health and safety policy.
· Comply with all group policies and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace and assist if required with the amending of risk assessments periodically.
· Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regards to fire safety.
· Identify and report maintenance requirements or hazards within the workplace and encourage any workforce to do the same to avoid injury.
• The Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
• The employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the group’s premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Director.
• Cooperate fully with colleagues and be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of the Foundation.
• Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
• The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the group.
Qualifications & Experience – Essential Requirements
· FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification
· Experience in delivering sports participation sessions with a particular focus on young people
· National Governing Body Level 2 Coaching Award or
· 1st 4sport Level 2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport
· Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football
· Youth Work Qualification
· Experience of working with hard to reach young people in a youth work setting
Knowledge and Skills – Essential Requirements
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Sound understanding of equality and diversity and its application in the role of a coach
· Awareness of safeguarding issues when working with children and young people
· Knowledge of issues affecting young people in the Fylde borough
· The ability to empathise and engage with different types of young people
· Ability to work well on own and as part of a team
· Confident and articulate
· Ability to perform under pressure
· Dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic
· Ability to travel to different venues across the community
The job description will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements.
Any changes will be discussed fully with the post holder.
To apply for the position send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: TBC
AFC Fylde Community Foundation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Foundation is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The trust recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Foundation expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.