VACANCY | Community Development Manager
Job Title: Community Development Manager
Territory Area: Fylde
Direct Reports: Community Link Officer
Hours: 40 hours per week – including evenings and weekends
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Location: Mill Farm Sports Village, Coronation Way, Wesham, PR4 3JZ
AFC Fylde Community Foundation is looking to recruit a Community Development Manager to lead on the implementation of the Community Development strategy and manage and develop innovative programmes to support vulnerable children, young people and adults in the community.
This vital role will support the Foundation Director to continually grow the Community Development department of the organisation whilst leading a team of staff to deliver high quality and impactful projects.
Guidance and Authority:
The Community Development Manager will report directly into the Foundation Director.
• Be accountable for all projects and activities linked to Community Development within the Foundation strategy.
• Oversee the operational activity and delivery of all Community Development projects.
• Work with the Foundation Director to identify and generate grantfunding, partnership and commercial opportunities to support new projects and initiatives linked to Community Development.
• Manage the performance of a team including setting performance targets, monitoring their achievement and tackling any poor performance effectively.
• Work with key stakeholders locally and nationally ensuring strong and effective relationships, whilst identifying new partnership opportunities to increase the Foundation’s work and visibility.
• Support the Foundation Director with compiling and monitoring annual budgets.
• Lead on all monitoring and evaluation processes across all Community Development programmes.
• Support staff to evaluate and compile evidence on the progress of all Community Development projects and reporting back to key funders as and when required.
• Be a flexible member of the AFC Fylde Community Foundation team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including evenings and weekends.
Health and Safety:
• Fully endorse, demonstrate, and carry out the Foundation’s health and safety policy.
• Comply with all group policies and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace and assist if required with the amending of risk assessments periodically.
• Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regards to fire safety.
• Identify and report maintenance requirements or hazards within the workplace and encourage any workforce to do the same to avoid injury
• The Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
• The employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the group’s premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Director.
• Cooperate fully with colleagues and be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of the Foundation.
• Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
• The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the group.
Qualifications & Experience – Essential Requirements
• Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) in a sport or community related subjected.
• NGB Level 2 Coaching Award.
• A proven track record of working on and managing community based sports projects.
• Previous experience of managing or supervising a team, supporting their development and managing their performance.
• Successful experience of securing funding for projects/ programmes and managing multiple project budgets.
• Experience of effectively implementing new and innovative projects.
• Demonstrable experience of working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
• Proven track record of working with hard to reach young people in a youth work setting.
• Experience of using online monitoring and evaluation tools to manage projects/ programmes.
• Level 2 in Youth Work Qualification.
• Working in a professional sports club environment.
• Previous management or involvement in Premier League or EFL Trust funded initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills – Essential Requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritise own work and workload of others
• Sound understanding of issues around equality and diversity and how this can affect delivery of activities.
• Ability to be proactive and decisive when leading programmes/ projects.
• A sound understanding of Equality and Diversity and the challenges of engaging with underrepresented groups.
• Knowledge of the application of Health and Safety legislation and best practice within sport.
• An understanding of Fylde and the surrounding geographical areas.
• Knowledge of relevant government policy and in particular how it relates to AFC Fylde Community Foundation.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team.
• Confident and articulate.
• Ability to perform under pressure and respond calmly to competing demands.
• Must have a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Ability to travel to different venues across the community.
• Committed to continuous professional development.
The job description will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements.
Any changes will be discussed fully with the post holder.
To apply for the position please visit https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=AFC+FYLDE+COMMUNITY+FOUNDATION&l=Fylde.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Tuesday 2nd March 2021
Interview date: TBC
AFC Fylde Community Foundation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Foundation is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The trust recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Foundation expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.